As Grouts are permeable, they easily absorb grease, dirt, and limescale. Marks and patches in the joints of the floor can be caused due to drink or grease spillages on the floor. Particularly in damp areas like bathrooms, grout between wall-tiles will become dirty and unattractive because of Mold, Mildew, and Limescale.
Due to constant use of acid formulated shampoos and soaps, yellow, orange and pink stains can discolor the grout in bath or shower areas. So grout cleaning is often required. Grout can often be restored to an excellent condition when cleaned professionally. Although, there are many things the homeowner can do between professional cleans.
Here is the homeowner’s guide to grout cleaning:
- If you are cleaning the grout between ceramic floor tiles – many stains are on the surface of the grout and can be removed with sandpaper. Just fold the sandpaper into a crease, and work it back and forth along the grout line. If sandpaper does not work, you may have better results by applying a pencil eraser.
- For more stubborn stains – spray on a commercial grout cleaner or a heavy-duty all-purpose cleaning solution with bleach. Wait for several minutes. (Longer if stains are stubborn). Do not use bleach on colored grout?
- Acidic cleaners may help remove dirt and grime from tile, but it can be rather harsh, causing erosion of the grout. It also releases vapors that can damage other appliances like stainless steel faucets and other similar fixtures.
- It may seem like a great idea to use a wire brush to clean your grout joints, but this will only damage it. The hardest brush you should be using is a medium bristle brush. Anything harder will create more problems than it solves.
- Scrub the grout with a stiff scrub brush or a grout brush, then rinse thoroughly.
- Dry with a white towel or paper towels.
- To protect the grout using a grout sealer product.
- If bleach does not do the job, you may need to remove and replace the grout. Use a grout-removal tool or a rotary tool with a carbide tip. After you install new grout, seal it with a grout sealer to reduce the likelihood of future stains setting in. Reapply sealer once every two years.
Remember to wear rubber gloves and keep the room well ventilated while grout cleaning.
Following the wrong tile and grout cleaning advice could end up costing you an arm and a leg. You may always want the best for your tile surfaces. Besides that, it is sometimes easy to buy into common tile and grout cleaning misconceptions that damage floors, countertops, and walls.
If your goal is to keep your tile and grout looking amazing for as long as possible, using professional-grade equipment and cleaning solutions that are certain to protect the long-term health of your tile surfaces, you need to go with professional tile and grout cleaning services.
Call Sunlight carpet Care and talk with our experts, they can guide you with the beneficial tips and help you with tile & grout cleaning services. We also provide a wide range of cleaning services like Carpet cleaning, Upholstery cleaning, Floor stripping and waxing,and pressure washing.